Spring Brings New Batch of Commissionees
Commencement ceremonies around the country are ushering in the newest crop of military officers. Among those accepting commissions are the following Spaatzen:
- 2d Lt Ivan Acosta, USAF; Aerospace Engineer, Spacecraft Propulsion Branch, Air Force Research Lab, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 2d Lt Dan M. Au, USAF
- ENS Derek Cedars, USN; Surface Warfare
- ENS Michael Doniger, USN; Submarine Service
- 2d Lt Timothy Ewing, USAF; Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
- ENS Matthew Fanning, USN; Submarine Service
- 2d Lt Marc E. Johnson, USAF
- 2d Lt James J. “Tex” McCloud, USAF; Air Battle Manager Training, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- 2d Lt J.J. Muffoleto, USAF; Communications Officer, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2LT David M. Rogers, US Army; Initial Entry Rotary Wing Course, Ft Rucker, Ala.
- 2d Lt Joseph E. Rucker III, USAF; Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
- 2d Lt Jason M. Trew, USAF; Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
Lieutenant Rucker, #1300, a 1999 graduate of North Carolina State University, had the privilege of being sworn in by Spaatz #80, Brig Gen Jim Jaeger, USAF (Ret). General Jaeger is the first Spaatz recipient to achieve flag rank in any branch of the US military. Lt Rucker is currently assigned to the 15th Airlift Squadron, 437th Airlift Wing at Charleston AFB, SC, and will attend SUPT at Columbus AFB, Miss in May 2000. 2d Lt Jean-André Parmiter, USAF (#1055), graduated from Officer Training School and was commissioned earlier this year, receiving an assignment to Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB, Texas. 7 May 99