Get Off The Fence! We Need Your Help…
Over the last 24 months, your Spaatz Association has achieved many significant milestones:
- We awarded six Aviation Leadership Scholarships to help cadets complete their private pilot licenses.
- We launched a new mentoring program to help cadets on their Journey to Spaatz.
- We established a new Leadership Grant program and awarded more than $10,000 to deserving individuals and units for leadership development.
- We entered into a partnership with the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps and the Association of Naval Aviation to fund cadets to attend Aviation Ground School in Georgia.
- We revamped our internet and social media presences.
Doing all this was not easy…but we had a great team to make it happen.
Now, we need your help. The Association Board of Directors is looking to fill two Officer and five Director seats in our upcoming election. The time commitment is light — only one 60 minute telecon each month — and a desire to help create tomorrow’s leaders by working to either expand our programs or help with fundraising.
If you’ve ever considered being part of a non-profit Board of Directors, now is the time. You can self-nominate with a paragraph and an attached resume. Nominations close at 11:59 PM ET on Sunday, 6 July 2014.
Without a slate of qualified candidates, we won’t be able to continue our mission into 2015. Please consider volunteering your time and expertise.
For more information, visit our 2014 Elections Page and submit your self-nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mike Hower, #895