2017 National Elections – Call for Candidates
Until July 29th we are accepting self-nominations for The Spaatz Association’s 2017-2019 Working Board.
This year, we will elect a Vice President, Treasurer, and five Directors.
Association Officers and Directors are expected to participate in Association leadership and management through hands-on involvement in our programs and projects, including:
- Aerospace Leadership Scholarships and Leadership Grants
- The Annual Mid-Winter Dinner
- Other programs that advance the Association and promote the Civil Air Patrol cadet program.
If you have what it takes to be an active leader in the Association, send…
- A resume evidencing your qualifications to serve as a Board Member.
- A brief statement reflecting your vision for the Association.
- A recent head-and-shoulders photograph.
- A 100-word leader biography for the Association website.
Items listed above should be separate documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format (except picture). Applications without items listed above will not be considered.
Submit your nomination package at www.spaatz.org/elections no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time, 29 July.
Do you want to be part of the Spaatz team?
If so, we need your help!
The Spaatz Association is staffed by volunteers. We are actively looking for people to help in the following areas:
- Director of Philanthropy (Director-level Position)
- Grant Committee Chairman (Director-level Position)
- Wing and Region Liaison Officer (including a Program Manager willing to help establish this program)
- Editor, The Question Mark Member Newsletter
- Online Cadet Leadership Resources Editor
- Online Post-Secondary Education Resources Editor
- Online STEM Career Resources Editor
- Online Editor, Journey to Spaatz Program
- Editor, Leading the Legacy Philanthropic Newsletter
- Fundraising Volunteer or Grant Writer (Multiple Openings)
- Membership Manager
- Social Media Specialist
Anyone may apply – you do NOT need to be a recipient of the Spaatz Award nor Certificate of Proficiency. For members, annual dues are waived while actively serving The Association in a volunteer capacity.
Volunteers are expected to perform the duties enumerated online for each position. A 12-month commitment is generally requested, and, depending on the work to be performed, a volunteer agreement may be required.
For position descriptions and to apply, visit www.spaatz.org/volunteer.