Applications Sought for Board of Directors
This year, as required by The Association’s Bylaws, eligible members will elect two Officers and five Directors to take office and replace those who will complete their two-year terms. The Association Needs highly qualified members with proven track records to serve on the Board.
|Vice President||Director #1||Director #5|
|Treasurer||Director #3||Director #7|
As with previous years, we will communicate election particulars, accept nominations/applications, and manage all balloting via the website (and email, if subscribed to updates).
The Election Committee will build a slate of candidates based on nominations and applications received from individuals via our website. The complete slate of candidates will be posted to The Question Mark for public review.
Nomination and Application Requirements
In May 2014, the Board changed the requirements for applications. See the Elections Frequently Asked Questions page for requirements.
All incumbents, if interested in competing for a 2017-2019 Board position must apply via the website before the 11:59 pm Eastern Time, 29 July 2017 deadline.
Timetable (subject to adjustment):
- 15 June – Posting of election notice on Association website (auto generated email to all subscribers)
- 29 July – Closeout of self-nomination period.
- 1 August – Posting of candidate list to Association website and opening of polls (auto generated email to all subscribers).
- 26 August – Polls close.
- 31 August – By-Laws Chair authenticates votes and establishes need for any run-offs, etc. Results are announced via website and at the annual National Conference.
- 1 September – New Board seated (unless run-off election is required).
The handling of nominations, applications and the registration, voting and tabulation processes will be overseen by our By-Laws Chair, Mr. Thomas Hurley and our By-Laws Committee.
Thank you for your continued leadership and support.
Mike Hower, #895
The Spaatz Association
Nominations and Applications
Frequently Asked Questions