Applications Sought for Board of Directors
This year, as required by The Association’s Bylaws, eligible members will elect two Officers and six Directors to take office and replace those who will complete their two-year terms. The Association Needs highly qualified members with proven track records to serve on the Board.
|Vice-President||Director #1||Director #7|
|Treasurer||Director #3||Director #9|
|Director #5||Director #10|
As with previous years, we will communicate election particulars, accept nominations/applications, and manage all balloting via the website (and email, if subscribed to updates).
The Election Committee will build a slate of candidates based on nominations and applications received from individuals via our website.
Nomination and Application Requirements
In May 2014, the Board changed the requirements for applications. See the Elections Frequently Asked Questions page for requirements.
All incumbents, if interested in competing for a 2021-2023 Board position must apply via the website before the deadline.
2021 Bylaws Update
This year, we will also be voting on an update to the bylaws. 2020 Amendment recommendation
Timetable (subject to adjustment):
Applications and Nominations are being accepted for 6 board positions as well as the positions of Vice-President and Treasure of the TSA. To apply, continue to the bottom of this page
Voting will be open to Life, Annual, and New Spaatzen who have registered with the TSA.
Contact the election commissioner, (Appointment of Position Pending) or the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- 15 April – Posting of election notice on Association website (auto generated email to all subscribers)
- 15 May – Closeout of application and nomination period.
- 16 to 31 May – Posting of candidate list to Association website.
- 1 June – Opening of polls (auto generated email to all subscribers).
- 1 August – Polls close at midnight.
- 1 – 31 August – Elections Commissioner authenticates votes and establishes need for any run-offs, etc. Results are announced via website and email lists.
- 1 September – New Board seated (unless run-off election is required).
The handling of nominations, applications and the registration, voting and tabulation processes will be overseen by our Elections Commissioner.
Thank you for your continued leadership and support.
The Spaatz Association
Nominations and Applications
Frequently Asked Questions