We are looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks of users.The goal is to gradually expand our online social media presence in support of organization goals and serve as an alternative mechanism to (a) connect members together in a social network; (b) market our programs and initiatives to Civil Air Patrol members and units; and (c) support fundraising efforts.
- Proven experience (work or volunteer) in social media or related field
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Familiarity with the CAP Cadet Program
- Good multitasking and organizational abilities
- Positive detail- and customer-oriented attitude
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content (original text, images, video, etc.) that builds meaningful connections, informs community members, and encourages them to engage or take action
- Engage in the social media space on a regular basis, with new content appearing at least twice per week on each network selected by The Association.
- Set up and optimize pages within each platform to increase the visibility of The Association’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community, and The Association’s social media policy
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on that information
- Reporting social media statistics, with trend data, to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec)