Wing and Region Liaison Officer
Multiple positions, one or more per Wing and Region.
These positions are pending until approval of the Wing and Region Liaison Officer Program by The Spaatz Association Board of Directors.
Back to opportunities.
This program will be member-run, self-organizing, and leverage the power of The Spaatz Network
, our new social learning and professional networking system, to create a nationwide-network of Spaatzen.
Liaison officers will advocate for the Cadet Program, support Spaatz Association initiatives, administer the Spaatz Exam, and present awards at Spaatz Award Ceremonies as they educate, motivate, and mentor today’s youth to the ideals of leadership.
- Must have earned the Spaatz Award or Cadet Certificate of Proficiency
- Experience with curriculum and operations of the CAP Cadet Program
- Desire to educate, motivate, and mentor youth in leadership and aerospace education
- Willingness to administer the Spaatz Examination for Headquarters, Civil Air Patrol (recommended, not required)
- Excellent presentation and mentoring skills
- Willingness to advocate for The Association’s programs in the assigned region and promote The Association and the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program.
- Willingness to be attributed by name on The Association’s website and in print materials, and respond to queries from local members
Note: Liaison Officers must be members in good standing with both The Spaatz Association and the Civil Air Patrol to work with cadets.
- Advocate for The Spaatz Association and the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program in an assigned area of responsibility
- Self-organize with other Liaison Officers using The Spaatz Network*
- Collaborate with other Liaison Officers and The Spaatz Association leadership team to produce marketing and advocacy materials (including briefings, presentations, and articles for websites and other strategic marketing campaigns)
- Represent The Spaatz Association at award ceremonies, Wing and Region Conferences, and other events
- Deliver at least one leadership or aerospace education related presentation to a CAP or youth-related audience each quarter
- Produce and deliver at least one article for The Question Mark, the online newsletter of The Spaatz Association, each quarter
- Administer Spaatz Examinations (recommended, not required)
- File an online Activity Report for the Board of Directors each quarter identifying activities undertaken and results realized
CAP and professional resume required.