Do you want to fly?
Are you a Civil Air Patrol cadet who has:
- Earned your Mitchell Award by the date you apply,
- Earned your Solo Wings or Pre-Solo Wings in a powered aircraft,
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in high school or college,
- You may not have another similar flight scholarship. This includes current recipients and graduates of the Cadet Wings Program.
- Must be a cadet at time of application closing date and may continue to use the award through the following year (if still a cadet or transitions to senior member status).
If so, then you are eligible to apply for The Spaatz Association Flight Scholarship!*
Applications are accepted from 1 October through 30 November at 2359 central time for the following year’s scholarships.
The Spaatz Association awards up to four flight scholarships every year. In order to honor those who have helped with this program, they have been given the following names. (Not all may be given in a particular year)
1st: Colonel Louisa Morse Flight Scholarship
2nd: Gen. Carl A.Spaatz Flight Scholarship
3rd: Colonel Doug Roach Flight Scholarship
4th: General Bergman Flight Scholarship
Flight Scholarship Application
Flight Scholarship FAQ
Flight Scholarship Procedures
Flight Scholarship Recipients
Contact our Flight Scholarship Coordinator for more information.
Looking to sponsor a flight scholarship, check our our Development pages.